Saturday, November 2, 2013

Scattered Saturday

In no particular order of importance:

1.  It's a gorgeous fall day, milder than it should be for Nov. 2.  Wish I could spend it out doors, but there's too much indoor work.

2.  Actually slept for 10 hours last night!  Went to bed at 9 pm, woke up once to use the bathroom, and slept until 7 am.  It's amazing how energetic I feel when I've slept well.  Doesn't happen often.

3. I'm taking a break from trying to deep clean my living room.  Actually before I can clean, I have to declutter.  I've filled 2 garbage bags with debris . . . don't ask, but the debris includes the contents of 2 wastebaskets that have long needed emptying, lots of yarn scraps that have accumulated under the sofa, in odd corners, a number of catalogs and newspapers, an empty chip bag, and lots of clumps of cat hair.  I don't vacuum in there as much as I need to.  I am not someone who cleans her house very often.  But company is coming for Thanksgiving, and it's reached a point where even I am embarrassed to enter.

4.  I'm making a big pot of soup --- it's my usual cabbage soup base, but I've also cleaned out the refrigerator so there are the pot roast leftovers in it, half a jar of left over Prego tomato sauce, a bunch of kale, carrots, onions, and the dregs of a bottle of wine.    Smells wonderful.

5. I am knitting the Umaro blanket by Jared Flood.  I have 2 more repeats to go.  


No comments: