Monday, May 26, 2008

4 More Weeks

We still have a month of school -- June 20th is our last day, and it seems so far off on the one hand, and not enough time to get everything done that needs to get done. I'm trying to finish a novel with my kids and complete a social studies research project, on top of all the end of year activities that pop up every week. And this week, will be interesting as I am going to a 2 day reading conference, so have to figure out how to structure activities for the sub. We also have a field trips scheduled for June 4th and 11th, and a field day to plan.

It's been a great weekend weatherwise, and I feel like I've accomplished quite a bit. I got my garden planted -- several tomato varieties, pickling cukes, bush beans, yellow squash, zucchini, and basil. I still have room for a few more things. The black flies are horrendous this year too -- I have the bites to prove it. I've got bites under my hairline, behind my ears, on my ankles, you name it. . . The bane of NH spring - with the beautiful weather come the black flies . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that we don't have to go until mid-June, even though we probably start earlier than you do up north.

Your post on the novel you read sounds interesting. I'll add it to my list.

I know what you mean about preparing for a sub. I was out one day last week and thought I had prepared well, only to come back and find out that the substitute had changed my directions for 7th and 8th periods, including taking my 8th period down to a lab and putting them on the computers, a big no-no in our school since some students recently accessed forbidden sites by hacking around the filters. We now only allow students on-line with certificated personnel. I am still miffed! Of course, the students also didn't do the work they were supposed to have done, and this close to the end of the year there was not time to make it up.