Monday, July 6, 2009

Jody Picoult's Newest

Handle with Care Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Jody Picoult once again raises a moral/ethical dilemma that challenges a reader's beliefs. Did Charlotte's ob-gyn and best friend, provide the appropriate standard of care or did she miss a diagnosis she should have caught? If the diagnosis had been made earlier, what would Charlotte have done? Willow has OI or brittle bone disease, and by the time she is 6, she has already suffered over 100 broken bones. How has her illness affected her parents' marriage, and her older sister Amelia's life?



I really liked this book but . . .the ending annoyed me. It felt like a total copout. I found the central conflict very compelling and that's what kept me reading.


View all my reviews.

No comments: