Monday, April 14, 2014

An Improvised Recipe

Otherwise known as "What do with boneless, skinless chicken thighs and tortellini when your husband announces he doesn't want the chicken, spinach, and tortellini soup you'd planned to make for dinner.

My Ingredients:

1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs
9 oz pkg of rainbow cheese tortellini
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1/2 jar of sundried tomatoes diced
about 3 tbs of shredded fresh basil (that I froze last summer)
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 medium onion diced
1/2 cup chicken stock
pesto (optional)
2-3 tbs olive oil


Here's what I did:

Cut chicken into small bite-sized pieces and browned in some olive oil.  Meanwhile, I minced and diced the onion, and brought a pot of water to boil. When the chicken was browned I added the chicken stock, garlic and onion.  I let it simmer for a bit while the tortellini cooked, and then added the artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and basil.  I drained the tortellini and added it the skillet and then swirled in a few tablespoons of pesto.    It took about 30 minutes in all.


No comments: