Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Finished (and Successful!) Knitting Project

My knitting mojo has been off this year.  I spent a lot of time on a fancy cowl with beads and luxury yarn, only to connect it with an extra twist so it doesn't lie correctly.  I have to unpick some fussy, fuzzy yarn and reknit about a third of the cowl.  It's hibernating until I feel enthusiastic about it.

I knit a gorgeous sweater -to gauge! -- and the armholes/sleeves are too wide and baggy.  It won't be hard fix, but I was so bummed, I stuffed it into its project bag and I've refused to look at it.

But, at last, I am happy with a project.  I pulled out a favorite sock pattern, and made myself another pair of socks out of some lovely hand-dyed yarn.  And they are perfect!
I

It's the Waving Lace pattern by Evelyn Clark, found in Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave Knits.    The yarn is Valley Yarns Charlemont Kettle Dye from Webs.  The yarn is 60% merino, 20% silk, and 20% "other."

Meanwhile, it's been snowing.  And snowing.  We got about 14 inches on Jan 27-28, another 10+ inches on Feb. 3, and we're due today and tomorrow for another 18-20 inches.  We've had 3 snow days and 2 delays in that last 2 weeks.  I will regret those lovely snow days come June.


No comments: