Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Surprise of My Life!

"Do you guys want to go out Friday night to celebrate the end of school?" asked my best friend.

"Of course, it's tradition," was my reply.


So our friends picked us up and we headed to dinner.  This is what awaited me:



I had had absolutely no idea that my husband, family, and friends had been planning this for months.  I was totally overwhelmed by the love and affection from everyone.  It was one of the few times in my life where  I felt that my work was truly noticed, and I am humbled by the outpouring of love.

Three of my four siblings and parts of their families were able to be there, as were cousins, nieces and so many of my school family.  I was especially touched that my principal came!  We had a lovely evening, and the festivities have continued all weekend.  All of my family live out of state, some only an hour away, but several traveled many hours to come.  We had a houseful yesterday, and my two sons and my daughter-in-law are here all weekend.

And do you know what's really cool?  I have a terrific, exciting, emotional, and exhausting weekend and I DON'T HAVE TO GO WORK TOMORROW!




No comments: