Thursday, April 5, 2007

SNOW - AGAIN

A foot of snow fell overnight! Another snow day here in NH. Of course the sun is out now, and temps are almost 40°. At least it seems as though our flight will be on time later today.

I finally decided to take my sock and the baby afghan I started on my trip. I would just take the socks but I really need to get the afghan finished before the baby for which its intended arrives. I'm using a Debbie Macomber pattern, "Baby Blocks" and Caron Simply Soft. I haven't used acrylic yarn in a long time. My hands have gotten used to the feel of merino, and alpaca, and silk. I prefer using the natural fibers over acrylic, but for a baby item, I wanted machine wash and dry, and I really didn't want to use cotton. THe afghan looks really nice, and the pattern is finally getting internalized so I don't have to keep reading and re-reading the directions.

I'm hoping to find a sunrise service on Easter that I can get to before our 10 am flight!

No comments: