Sunday, February 17, 2008

For a "Short" Month . . .

February seems to be very long! I know we have an extra day this year, but even with onlh 29 days, this month seems to be dragging on and on. It's got to be the weather. Even though the hours of daylight are longer, the days without sun and blue sky seem endless. We have had storm after storm, cold, ice, school delays or closings every week, and sickness abounds. Enough already!

I just finished book #13 for the 50/08 challenge. #14, #15 and #16 are also underway. I generally have several books going at once --- one in school, one up on the nightstand, and one on the kitchen table. I have another 4 or 5 waiting in the wings too!

My knitting queue is even longer! I have my cable cardigan on the needles - about 20 rows left on the 2nd front, and then the 2 sleeves, a pair of socks about 1/2 done, and then a baby sweater, a vest, a jacket, and a scarf lined up. That doesn't even include the yarn I've bought but don't have a pattern for yet, and the patterns I have that don't have yarn. There's just not enough time! Which is a weird comment to make considering I started today off with the fact that the month is dragging!

1 comment:

God_Guurrlll said...

Hello from God_Guurrlll. I know it's been a while since we last corresponded. I wanted to drop you a line to say that your cardigan is gorgous. I have to challenge myself more in my patterns. I am doing a sweater with one simple cable down the front. When I first did the project I thought it would be appropriate for watching TV or knitting during meetings/conferences however I find that I am bored with the project and am having to force myself to pick it up from time to time.

HOpe all is well with you!