Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Slow but Steady

Cable vision cardigan

Cable vision cardigan


I am making progress on the Cable Vision cardigan from Family Circle Plus Knits. I've done the back and the left front, and have started the right front. It's really enjoyable -- the pattern isn't that difficult, and my Northampton yarn is perfect for the cables. The color is fawn, and while it's technically a lightish brown, in some lights it catches a greenish tint.


On another note, I just finished a great middle school novel called London Calling, by Edward Bloor. (He wrote Tangerine, another middle school goodie.) It's a time travel novel of redemption, and it's fascinating. Good coming to terms with yourself, your family (divorce, alcoholism) and your options. It also touches on issues such as how history is written, how truth can be distorted, and depression. It's really not as dark as it sounds!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm going to look for that book at my library. I'm fascinated by the idea of time travel. Have you read Kindred by Octavia Butler? I found that one very captivating this past year and was amazed I had not heard of it before.