Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Needed This

Today was Veterans' Day, and we had no school. I needed today. I spend all weekend working --- about 7 hours on Saturday, and another 5 hours on Sunday. I had some grading to do, and a lot of prepping for my science classes. I also had to modify some spelling units for my IEP kids. And of course there was the business bookkeeping. That takes me about 10-15 hours a month, and of course, always coincides with my busy school weekends. Needless to say, I never got any down time this past weekend.

So today, I devoted to rest and recuperation. I played some Pathwords and Scramble on Facebook, I did some reading, I did a little laundry, and I did some knitting. I read a couple of wonderful blogs postings and articles about Veterans' Day too.

Here are two knitting projects. The first are the Princess Mitts from Clara Parkes' Book of Yarn. I used some Nashua Creative Focus Superwash.

IMG_1146



The second project that I'm still working on is the Rainy Day scarf and I'm using Fiesta Swoon. That's a wool/silk blend, and it's really luxurious feeling.

IMG_1149

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You did need a weekend! Can you believe that this year I have no IEP kids?

I'm doing mitts as well. I can't blog them because they're for family Christmas presents, but I am keeping my Ravelry page up to date. They're a much quicker project than I expected.

Daisymum said...

I love your mittens.I am happy for you to have a day of rest. Teachers are awesome and deserve more time off.