A timely Friday Five from the RevGalPal blog.
1) Do you have a food processor? Can you recommend it? Which is to say, do you actually use it?
I have a Cuisinart food processor which I really like. I use it fairly frequently -- when I'm in a cooking mood. My life is so busy that we use many more "ready-to-go" so I don't need to use the processor as much.
2) And if so, do you use the fancy things on it? (Mine came with a mini-blender (used a lot and long ago broken) and these scary disks you used to julienne things (used once).)
I use several of the discs and blades. I used the shredder blade for cole slaw and to shred carrots, and I use the large blade for general processing.
3) Do you use a standing mixer? Or one of the hand-held varieties?
I have a Kitchen Aid standing mixer. I use it very frequently. I chose the brick red color. I even have the meat grinding attachment but I've never used that feature. It was free.
4) How about a blender? Do you have one? Use it much?
I don't have a blender anymore. It died. I did buy a handheld Oster puree machine which I like for soups.
5) Finally, what old-fashioned, non-electric kitchen tool do you enjoy using the most?
I use my pastry cutter a lot, and I also use my whisk several times a week.
Bonus: Is there a kitchen appliance or utensil you ONLY use at Thanksgiving or some other holiday? If so, what is it?
I use a cookie press at Christmas for "spritz" cookies.