Monday, August 10, 2009

Twilight Sweater Done





Well, except for finding the buttons! I'm really pleased with the way the sweater turned out. It took longer than expected because I kept making silly mistakes. Just as an example, I knitted sleeve #1, and when I finished I thought, wow this short! Then I realized that I had decreased every row instead of every OTHER row! So I frogged it and started again. Finished that and knit sleeve #2. So far so good. Started to sew the sleeves in. One sleeve went in perfectly. However, when I went to sew in the 2nd sleeve, it didn't fit the armhole. I had forgotten to switch to the larger needles after the garter edge. Doh!! These were not the only "silly" mistakes I made with this sweater. I did have a tough time with the placket. The directions were odd, and if I make this sweater again, I will do it using directions from another source. I don't like how the buttonholes are in the body of the sweater and not in the placket either. I've blocked the sweater and now all I have to do is find some buttons.

href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JaCzoPH4v8w/SoA7UJ6JzXI/AAAAAAAADUc/nHKFPHxJa5g/s1600-h/IMG_2018.JPG">

1 comment:

Panhandle Jane said...

I really like the color and the patterned texture. You did a great job! I've been ripping out a number of times lately as well.