Sunday, October 31, 2010

Book #96 Another Installment in a Series

Watchers of Time (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #5)Watchers of Time by Charles Todd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Watchers of Time is the 5th book in the Inspector Rutledge series, and so far, it's the best one I've read.  Rutledge is called to investigate the death of a Catholic priest, ostensibly murdered during a house burglary. In fact, he uncovers a much more sinister plot.  Charles Todd evokes a realistic post WWI atmosphere superbly, and weaves the local environment into the web of the story.  Rutledge continues to wrestle with his demons, most notably Hamish, the voice in his head.  This series is dark and moody, but I've been hooked.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Panhandle Jane said...

One of these book was available as an epub for my Sony reader. I just put it on my hold list. Thanks.