Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Five: To Do Lists

Over on RevGalBlogPals the invitation is to list the things on your Christmas To Do list:
Ever since I was little, I heard that Santa is making a list and checking it twice. I can see why he has to keep checking it, because there is so much to do before Christmas! Only nine days left, and I don't have church services to plan, but there is much left to be done. My daughter-in-law tells me that she feels behind, which is how I have been feeling.
No matter how organized you are, there must be some things you still need to do. For this Friday Five, tell us five things on your Christmas "To Do" List. Include anything you have decided to skipdoing this year. As a bonus, give us something that helps you remember why this season even exists.


Here's my list as of today:


1.  Wrap and mail gifts for my nieces and nephews.
2.  Wrap gifts for my husband.
3. Purchase gift(s) for Elder Son and something for Younger Son.
4. Get the tree lights on the tree -- maybe even get the tree decorated.
5. Clear the dining room and buffet of STUFF so that we can eat Christmas Eve dinner (with guests!) and Christmas Day dinner on it.
6.  Bake cookies  
7.  Oh ... I was supposed to list only 5!


Skipped:  Decorating the interior of the house except for the nativity scene and the Advent candles.  I haven't even started listening to my huge collection of Christmas CDs, tapes, and vinyl.


And lighting the Advent candles in the middle of the kitchen table nightly helps me focus on the season.

No comments: