Sunday, September 8, 2013

As If Pneumonia Wasn't Enough . . .

Just as I'm recovering from pneumonia, and starting to feel half-human again, life throws me another surprise!
Thursday evening I started coughing so hard, it felt like I was going to vomit.  So I headed to the bathroom on the run.  Somehow I slipped and fell hard, across the wooden threshold between 2 tile floors.  The wind was knocked out of me and I couldn't get up without help.  To make a long story short, we called our neighbor who has been an ER nurse for over 30 years.  She came over and determined that I'd probably cracked a rib or 2.  She checked me out pretty thoroughly, and told me what to watch.  So since Thursday night, life has been a bit more difficult.  I had to take a day off from work on Friday, and I spent 2 nights propped up in a chair since I couldn't lay down comfortably.  Last night I managed to sleep in bed albeit fitfully.  Tomorrow I will go back to school, but definitely take it easy.

No comments: