In no particular order of importance:
1. It's a gorgeous fall day, milder than it should be for Nov. 2. Wish I could spend it out doors, but there's too much indoor work.
2. Actually slept for 10 hours last night! Went to bed at 9 pm, woke up once to use the bathroom, and slept until 7 am. It's amazing how energetic I feel when I've slept well. Doesn't happen often.
3. I'm taking a break from trying to deep clean my living room. Actually before I can clean, I have to declutter. I've filled 2 garbage bags with debris . . . don't ask, but the debris includes the contents of 2 wastebaskets that have long needed emptying, lots of yarn scraps that have accumulated under the sofa, in odd corners, a number of catalogs and newspapers, an empty chip bag, and lots of clumps of cat hair. I don't vacuum in there as much as I need to. I am not someone who cleans her house very often. But company is coming for Thanksgiving, and it's reached a point where even I am embarrassed to enter.
4. I'm making a big pot of soup --- it's my usual cabbage soup base, but I've also cleaned out the refrigerator so there are the pot roast leftovers in it, half a jar of left over Prego tomato sauce, a bunch of kale, carrots, onions, and the dregs of a bottle of wine. Smells wonderful.
5. I am knitting the Umaro blanket by Jared Flood. I have 2 more repeats to go.