Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Our First Snow Day!

It's hard to believe that we haven't had any snow days yet this year.  It's been very cold, and we have had snow, but the storms have been small, and their timing hasn't affected school travel. Today however, it started snowing about 5 am, and 11 hours later, it still is.  We have about a foot so far.  This was almost a perfect snow day because the district called it off last night.  No need to wake up early and wonder/wait for the decision.

Today I read, I knit, and I worked on the company billing.  I did laundry too, and this afternoon I baked.  I'm trying a new recipe called Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Bars.
The recipe is from a Pinterest link.  They smell so yummy!  I love gingerbread so I'm looking forward to trying these.

Dinner tonight will be shaved beef sandwiches ---  Saute shaved beef in the skillet with some onions, peppers, and mushrooms.  Just before serving, melt some cheese on top.  Serve on a bun.  I'm not crazy about these, but my husband has been craving them.  I'm doing some baked sweet potato slices too ----- slice a couple of sweet potatoes very thinly.  Drizzle with olive oil, and dust with some salt and pepper.  Bake in a 450° oven for about 15 minutes, or until tender.


No comments: