Monday, July 4, 2016

Review: Beachcombers

Beachcombers Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Set on Nantucket, this is the story of the Fox family which is comprised of Jim, a widower, and his three adult daughters Abbie, Emma. and Lily. Abbie and Emma have just returned to their childhood home. Emma's life has crashed around her; she's lost her job and her fiance. Abbie comes home when Lily sends her an SOS. All 3 women are trying to figure out who they are and what they want. Jim is in the midst of discovering a new relationship with Marina, a recently divorced woman who has rented a cottage on their property.

I enjoyed this "beach read" and found the most of the characters likable. Lily annoyed me, but I think she was supposed to! The ending was a bit too sugary, but it made for very pleasant summer reading.

View all my reviews

No comments: