Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Step by Step

I am feeling accomplished this week so far --- it IS only Wednesday.  On Monday a friend and I did a brisk walk on our town's Rails to Trails path.  The markers on the path said we walked 1.5 miles, but my Garmin says it was 2 miles.

Today, I walked the same path by myself, very early this morning.  It took me about 40 minutes to walk the 2 miles, but my Garmin recorded 21 minutes of intense exercise.    I stopped a couple of times for pictures and once for a breather.  I checked my heart rate a couple of times and was definitely at or above my target zone for most of the walk.  The bugs weren't too bad, but I had "deeted" myself up prior to the walk.  I had parked my car at one end of the trail segment, and had my husband drop me off at the other end of the segment.

It was lovely out there.  I didn't see a single person the whole way.  I heard lots of bullfrogs croaking, and the bird songs were gorgeous.  I did see lots of birds too, mostly feeding on the just-ripening blueberries.  Most of them flew away before I could get a firm ID on them, but I did startle a flock of cedar waxwings.

Here are a few pictures I took:






The end of the walk 



No comments: