Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day!


Yippee! A snow day! Our first big snowstorm of the winter and boy it is shaping up to be a humdinger. A great day to knit - after I get to a few chores that I have been putting off and really need to get to.


Last night I finished the 2nd fingerless glove. Pattern is "Knucks" from Knitty Summer 2006. I used 1 entire skein of Cleckheaton Country Silk and size 3 dpn. There's about 6 inches of the skein left. Next up is a pair of socks using Austermann Step and a pattern from Sensational Socks by Charlene Schurch.
I love snow days! I consider them a real gift, and try to treasure them as such. While there are always a few chores that I manage to do, I mostly try to do enjoyable things I don't usually get to do, and I enjoy them without guilt! This huge storm has been predicted for days, it seems, so when I left school yesterday, I purposely did not bring home any extra work than I normally bring home. I do 99% of my grading and planning on the weekends so I didn't bring that home with me. Today is a present to enjoy!


No comments: