Thursday, October 11, 2007



We had a wonderful holiday weekend! Imagine spending a glorious fall afternoon in an Andirondack chair overlooking this -






Knitting Friend and her husband accompanied us to Ogunquit, Maine. Saturday afternoon we decided to sit on the lawn of our hotel (the Anchorage) and relax. Knitting Friend and I knit and the 4 of us talked and relaxed. I finished the first half of a pair of socks - Bluebell Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. It fits perfectly.
Knitting Friend's husband casually looked at his watch and FOUR HOURS had passed! I can't remember the last time I sat for four hours straight and enjoyed myself. (Airplane flights to Los Angeles and England don't count. Operative word here is enjoyed).


Our school district had Friday off, but we had teachers' workshops on Monday, so our 3 day weekend got an early start and an early finish. Friday we spent shopping in Kittery at the outlets, and Friday night we spontaneously bought tickets to The Full Monty at the Ogunquit Playhouse. The play was hysterical! I don't think I've laughed so much in ages.


We meandered home slowly on Sunday, first heading up to Kennebunkport and doing some shopping there, and then finding a great craft fair at Wells Elementary School. Knitting Friend and I bought some beautiful seaglass and sterling earrings from a vendor, Heather Alexander.


I was sorry I missed World Communion Sunday at church, ( a very special service was planned) but I truly felt touched by the Spirit this weekend. The ocean always brings me close to God. Add to that true relaxation with my husband and good friends.

A wonderful weekend - and I guess the recharging of physical and spiritual batteries helped me cope with a very scary Monday and Tuesday. A post for later . . . .


No comments: