Sunday, June 1, 2008

Getting to Know Me

I'm tagged for this meme by Cathy, so here goes:

Rules: The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about himself or herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Ten years ago: 1998 - In my 3rd year of teaching 6th grade. My sons were in high school!

Five things on today's "to do" list:

1. Go to church for the first time in almost a month. Long story.
2. Finish the monthly billing for my husband's business and do some of his correspondence.
3. Go to a graduation party. Our neighbor's daughter (our "adopted" daughter) just graduated from nursing school.
4. Finish my Waving lace sock.
5. Sew the sleeves into my Green River Tunic - I hope. I've done this twice already and am not happy with how it looks
.

Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
1. Create a charitable foundation - I'd want to give some to small struggling, progressive/liberal churches; some to Special Olympics, some to education, and some to medical research.
2. Invest some so that we can live comfortably for the rest of our lives, and be able to travel.
3. Put the rest into a trust for my adult children and future(?) grandchildren. They could use interest but not principal.


Three bad habits:
1. overeating and underexercising
2. biting my nails
3. sloppy housekeeping


Five places I've lived:
1. Milford, CT
2. Bridgewater Township, NJ (back before it was its own town)
3. Chagrin Falls, OH
4. Storrs, CT
5. Jaffrey, NH


I also had ties to Madison, IN. My parents moved there while I was in Storrs. I never lived there, but visited during the summer.

Five jobs I've had:

1. Library page - high school
2. Cashier at Burger King - high school
3. Switchboard operator on college campus - college
4. Church secretary - college
5. Bank Teller - college and first out of college job
6. Office Manager - for 15 years, for my husband's business
7. Special Ed Associate - starting in 1992
8. Teacher - starting in 1995 and still going strong


I know that's more than 5. What can I say? I've been around a while!


I'm tagging some folks who might not know me, but I read their blogs regularly:

Rev. Songbird


Vamantaknits


Possible Water

Panhandle Jane

No comments: