Saturday, June 27, 2009

Actual Knitting Content



I started the Twilight Short Sleeve sweater. Nothing to do with the book or movie, by the way. (I read the first one, and it just didn't grab me, so I think I'm in the minority). I'm using Valley Yarns Goshen in lake that I purchased at WEBS. I goofed when I bought the yarn about a year ago. I thought I'd bought 12 skeins, but eventually discovered I'd only bought 10. Of course I made this discovery just a week or so ago, and was quite concerned that I wouldn't be able to get more in the same dye lot. But WEBS had it, so I'm all set. I love this yarn. It has a great drape, it's easy to knit with, has good stitch definition, and feels good. I've used in a couple of other summer tops. Ut's a cotton, modal, and silk blend. The pattern is also a WEBS pattern.
It's knitting up quickly. I'm almost done with the back.

I have another project started also, a gift for someone, but I'm having trouble getting gauge, and it's a surprise, so that's all I'll say about it for now. I'm almost done with another jacket. All I have to do is pick up 349 stitches and knit the button band and shawl collar, but I've got that on hold til I get a longer circular needle to do that!

So that's where I am with my current knitting projects.

No comments: