Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friday Five: Forgetful Jones Edition

This was the weekly Friday Five posted at RevGalBlogPals,  I didn't post the video because it takes too long for my dial up account to download it!




What's the last thing you forgot?
don't remember???  Seriously, the last "major" thing I forgot was to include our passports when we packed for Michigan.  It wasn't a huge deal; it just meant we couldn't go home through Canada to take in some sights.  And since our plans changed anyway, we wouldn't have had the time.

How do you keep track of appointments?
Mostly in my head, but I also put them on the scenic calendar in our kitchen by the phone.  I could put them on my phone, but as my son says, "Mom, your cell phone looks like a toy!"

Do you keep a running grocery list?
Yes.  We have one of those shopping list pads on the refrigerator that we add to all week.  Since my husband does all the shopping, and I do the cooking, it's how we communicate our food needs!!

When forced to improvise by circumstances, do you enjoy it or panic?
Both.  As a teacher, I'm always improvising, even though I've thoroughly planned.  In fact, I've discovered that my best lessons happen when I improvise.  I've also discovered that the more thoroughly I've planned, the more likely I am to improvise. Someone told me that I'm able to improvise so well, because of the planning.  I don't know!
I must enjoy improvising, since I do it often!

What's a memory you hope you will never forget?
That's a tough question.  There are many moments I hope I don't forget:  when our children were born, the summer I spent caring for my mom as she died, holding my father's hand as he died, sailing in the Caribbean, visiting England and Greece,  a really scary experience in the center of a labyrinth, laughing with friends in a dorm hallway at a Halloween party so heartily that others thought we were intoxicated --- and all we were drinking was ginger ale and Tang!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great point about teaching. You have to go with things!