1. First day of summer vacation! At last!! Yesterday was hellacious as has most of the week. So how did I spend my first day? I went to school and spent 5 1/2 hours packing up my room and moving everything but the furniture to my new room.
2. I have a lot of stuff ---- I should have photographed it! Teachers save anything and everything we think might be useful . . . SOME DAY!
3. Why did I move a box of empty plastic jars for the third time? I used them for a science experiment two years ago, but I don't teach science anymore.
4. I have approximately 20 used one-inch binders. They fit into my wastebasket quite nicely. No, I didn't throw them out. That's how I packed them to move!
5. I've learned how to steer a loaded dolly around myriad corners, into the elevator, up 2 ramps and through 2 sets of double doors. I made 11 trips in all.
6. My bookshelves and table tops are dirty!!! Disgustingly so! Even though I clean them regularly.
7. I found a snack size bag of Fritos in my closet. No idea where it came from.
8. I have a TON of maps.
9. Old-style AVON boxes are still the best packing boxes I've ever had. They don't use them any more according to my BF who's also an Avon rep.
10. A lot of teachers were in the building moving too --- and none of us get compensated in any way for moving rooms.