Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Finished Project At Last!

I've been working on this sweater since May.  I think I knit the sleeves 5 times trying to get the right combo of wrist width, gauge, and increases.  The pattern stitch was easy, but I found some of the pattern directions lacking. Thank goodness I can consider myself a fairly experienced knitter.  I'm still working on how to adjust armhole sizes and sleeves, but overall this sweater fits me well.  It's exactly how I envisioned it.
It's called Ormond from Twist Collective and I used the yarn called for Rowan Amy Butler Belle Organic DK in moonflower,   The body is knit from the bottom up in one piece, and the sleeves are done in the round and then joined.


Panhandle Jane said...

That is a lovely sweater. The sleeves look just right.

Cathy said...

Very pretty!