Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hot + Humid = Unhappy Person

The hot humid weather snuck up on me and I don't like it!  We've had a lovely long spring and for the past week it's been in the 50's at night, and the mid-70's during the day.  And very low humidity. When I woke up yesterday, it was already 67 at 6 am, and very humid.  I had a long morning at the doctor's and when I emerged from the medical center at 11:30 it was almost 90.  Today is day 2 of "Severe Heat Advisory".  The saving grace is that we are heading out on the road to my nephew's high school graduation.  So, while the prospect of a long road trip isn't that appealing, the day spent in the a.c. of the vehicle will make up for it!  And an air-conditioned hotel room will be nice.  Our house has no a.c. so when it gets sultry, it's really hard to sleep!  And of course, I am grateful that school is out.

No comments: