Sunday, March 10, 2013

Kind of the Blahs

I haven't had a lot to say or much time to think about blogging.  My Feb. vacation was busy with taxes and bookkeeping, and the weather has been wintry --- if it's not snowing, it's gray and chilly.  We seemed to go through a spell without seeing the sun for what seemed like weeks.  We had another storm Thursday night that left us with another 9-10 inches and a snow day.  And despite all the new snow, at least the sun is finally shining! The forecast is for temperatures in the 40°s all week, so I'm hoping a lot of the stuff melts.  It's good sugaring weather now, though, and the sugar houses are all busy boiling the sap.





The house is coming along --- most of the sheet rocking is done, and they're starting on the "mudding."  The siding has been delivered, but there's too much snow to start putting it up!  The heating system is in, now too.

I have been knitting what I'm calling the "Never-Ending Scarf."  It's a pattern and yarn I bought at the NH Sheep and Wool show a few years ago, and I pulled it out last fall to start it, thinking it would be a snap.  Boy, I was wrong.  Despite the "simple" lace pattern, there are some rows I frogged and re-knitted 4 or 5 times.  Thank goodness I use life lines!  It's also cobweb weight yarn.  I still have at least another 10 inches to go, so I don't think it will be done for this cold weather season!  I am also a knitting monogamist so until this blasted scarf is done, I won't be working on anything else.  I told my husband the other day, that as soon as it's done, I'm gifting it because I'm sick of looking at it!





No comments: