Monday, July 28, 2014

The Way It Should Be

I can't remember the last time I felt really relaxed and content.   For the past week or so, I haven't really done very much.  I've spent a lot of time sitting on my deck, reading, knitting, or bird-watching.  I have done the usual household chores, I've done what I've needed to do with the business bookkeeping,  and I've run errands. I've even done some school things, but I've mostly just allowed myself to do nothing.  Just about all my reading has been of the brain candy and fluff variety.  I've read a couple of very engrossing books, and may even have discovered a new author.  I've also caught up on all the shows that I've DVR'd.  I finally watched all the episodes of "Mad Men's" past season, and I'm now going through the most recent "Game of Thrones" season.  I've also watched a lot of "Pioneer Woman" cooking shows!  Masterpiece Theater's "Endeavor" and "Last Tango in Halifax" have rounded out my TV viewing.  In just a few short weeks, school will start again, and the nonstop frenetic schedule will begin again.  But for now, I'm really basking in The Way It Should Be."

No comments: