Saturday, June 18, 2016

Review: Beautiful Day

Beautiful Day Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As always, Elin Hilderbrand makes me want to live on Nantucket! It's the weekend of Jenna Carmichael's dream wedding, and as it true of most weddings, crisis after crisis appears to threaten her "Beautiful Day." While the main narrator is Margot, the bride's sister, the main character in the book is actually Beth Carmichael, the bride's deceased mother. As she was dying of cancer, Beth created a notebook for Jenna which planned, down to the last detail, Jenna's wedding to as a yet unknown bridegroom. Jenna and Margot have followed the Notebook's instructions almost to the letter.

I enjoyed this book, and it was a fast "beach" read or, should I say "sitting on the deck in the sun" read. Not one of Hilderbrand's best, but quite pleasant.

View all my reviews

No comments: