Friday, June 17, 2016

Review: Knitlandia: A Knitter Sees the World

Knitlandia: A Knitter Sees the World Knitlandia: A Knitter Sees the World by Clara Parkes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is a collection of essays by Clara Parkes, knitter and yarn expert extraordinaire. This essays are reflections upon a series of trips she has taken that have had a great impact on her career and her course in life. As I read each essay, I found myself thinking that it was the best one in the book, only to read the next one and have the same reaction. There were a lot of moments of "That's it exactly!" or "I want to meet her!" as I was reading. Her writing style is conversational and gently humorous, and she has gift for making places and experiences come alive. I especially enjoyed her essays on Edinburgh and Rhinebeck, as these are two places I've been more than once.

View all my reviews

No comments: