Monday, October 3, 2016

Review: The Body on the Beach

The Body on the Beach The Body on the Beach by Simon Brett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This started off slow, and I found it hard to like Carole, at least at first. However, by the end of the book, I liked her better. Carole is a retired Home Office administrator with very definite ideas on how a retired older woman should act, dress, and live. She has a new neighbor, Jude, who defies all of Carole's ideas of proper behavior, and in spite of her prejudices, she gradually comes to think of Jude as a friend. The two get acquainted and Carole's "properness" wears off as the two of them decide to investigate a possible murder. Carole has seen a dead body on the beach, but when the police can't find it, they write her off as a hysterical woman. The two women successfully figure out who the body is, where it is, and why it was on the beach. I will probably look for book #2 in the series at some point.

View all my reviews

No comments: