Sunday, October 9, 2016

Review: Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd

Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd by Alan Bradley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While not my favorite in the series, I still enjoyed this outing with Flavia de Luce. She's returned from Canada to what is a very disappointing welcome: her father is in the hospital with pneumonia, and with the exception of Dogger, no one seems very thrilled to see her. She discovers a dead body while undertaking an errand for the vicar's wife, and of course, sets immediately to trying to figure out who the victim is and why the death has occurred. I enjoyed Flavia's excursions with Gladys, but there wasn't enough interaction with other characters. Flavia was a bit too introspective for me in this novel. She needs to play off characters more directly for the reader to experience her true "Flavia-ness".

View all my reviews

No comments: