Saturday, January 26, 2008

Friday Five on Saturday

1. What is the thermometer reading at your house this morning?

It's 13° here in my corner of NH. I hate the cold.

2. Snow—love it or hate it?

I like snow, sort of. It's beautiful, especially from inside a cozy warm room. I hate driving in it though. I'd miss it however, if we didnt' get any. The winters that are snowless are long and ugly.

3. What is winter like where you are?

This year we've had lots of snow. December was a record month for snowfall. It makes up for an almost snowless couple of last winters. Right now there's about 2 feet of snow on the level, but we haven't had measurable snow in a couple of weeks. We do miss school when there's more than a 3-4 inches of snow, depending on the timing. So far, we've only had 2 snow days, and both times we received 10-14 inches of snow.

4. Do you like winter sports? Any good stories?

I used to ice skate and cross country ski. I don't any more. As a kid I loved sledding. Now I hate getting cold and wet! I think I'd still enjoy all those sports if I had time and didn't hate the "side effects". I'm also more nervous about breaking bones!

5. What is your favorite season, and why?
I really like summer because of the freedom and long days of light, but I hate hot humid weather. I think I love either late spring or early fall-- warm, even hot, days but cool nights.. . .

Bonus: Share a favorite winter pick-me-up. A recipe, an activity, or whatever.

A trip to a tropical island???

No comments: