Wednesday, January 25, 2012

And I Went Tumblin' Down

It's been an interesting week.  Monday began my week of lunch/recess duty and I grabbed my yogurt and coat and headed down the stairs to the cafeteria.  About 3 steps from the bottom of the stairs, something happened, and the next thing I knew I was on my knees at the foot of the stairs.  I landed hard on both knees, including the knee I've had problems with for several years due to a previous injury, and the wind certainly got knocked of me.  After a few moments, I realized nothing was broken and I managed to rise to a standing position and continue down to the cafe.  Once I got there, limping and somewhat dazed, I sat in the first available chair ---- only to discover that somebody had spilt something in it and hadn't wiped it up!   So not only was I hurting, now I had a very wet seat!  As soon as the other duty teacher arrived, I went down to the nurse for "injury" review --- icepacks, ibuprofen, and paperwork.  I took it easy the rest of the school day -- my students were quite soliticitous all afternoon, and I left school early.  Tuesday I woke up feeling a bit battered, and as the day went on I felt sorer and sorer despite the Advil regime.  By the end of the day I could barely walk!  Today thankfully, I am much less sore.  My knees luckily seem to be fine - most of the pain has been in my back and quadriceps!  Instead of my water aerobics class tonight, I stretched in the warmer therapy pool.    I do not recommend falling down stairs as a way to get out of recess duty!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh no, I hope you are on the mend soon - no more falling now!!