Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yarn!

A lovely day, both weather-wise and activity-wise.  We've been blessed with a spell of perfect summer weather.  Hot enough to want to go swimming or to cool down somewhere, but not so hot that you feel like you'll melt.  And no humidity which I hate!  The nights have cooled down to the high 50°s and low 60°s which makes for great sleeping.  It's going to get hot (90°s) and the humidity will make a comeback for the weekend but for now, I'll enjoy the weather!

My best friend and I made a trek to Knitting Heaven today, AKA Webs.  It's a tad over 90 minutes from here, and it's an easy drive - about 45 minutes on a winding state route, and then a straight shot down a pretty section of I-91.  We both went with lists for specific projects and wonder of wonders, we stuck to them!  We oohed and ahhed over lots of luscious fiber but exercised strict portion control!

 I bought this  (Plymouth Encore)


for the Kari baby blanket.  This needs to be finished by Thanksgiving.


I bought  this (Valley Yarns Charlemont Kettle Dye in Whipple Blue).  The picture doesn't catch the tones well.




 for Rustling Leaves Beret.  There's actually enough yardage for 2 of the berets with extra left over!  This will be a Christmas gift (I hope!)

And I bought some Berroco Vintage DK
Vintage DK

for this pattern, Kingscot. It's  ruby but I don't actually have it. It's being shipped (for free) from their new warehouse since there were only 3 skeins at the home store.  I seem to be on a red kick lately!


I"ve started knitting again despite my painful fingers, and as long as I stop frequently I'm doing okay.  So. . . I am almost done with a pair of socks I feel like I"ve been knitting forever, and I can't wait to get started on some of the new projects!


We had a pleasant lunch at the Northampton Brewery (minus the brews!) and then headed home.  I like days like today!








No comments: