Saturday, October 24, 2015

Review: Skinner's Rules

Skinner's Rules Skinner's Rules by Quintin Jardine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

ACC Bob Skinner has a set of rules, or code that he lives by, even if doing so jeopardizes his career, and perhaps even his life. A series of brutal murders is blamed on a Japanese diplomat, but Skinner thinks they missed something. As he quietly investigates further he discovers a web of secrecy and lies that go to the very top of British intelligence. Eventually his trail puts his life and the lives of his family at extreme risk.

I really enjoyed this first in a series novel. First of all it's set in Edinburgh, one of my favorite cities, so it was fun to recognize places. Skinner is an interesting character, balancing his work and personal life, and the politics v. justice. As most good characters do, Skinner has a dark side which is uncovered as a result of his investigation. I like the other characters too. I am looking forward to reading more in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: