Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Review: Bones Are Forever

Bones Are Forever Bones Are Forever by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the first Kathy Reichs I've read in long time, and I enjoyed getting re-acquainted with the series. In this outing, Dr. Temperance Brennan is investigating the death of several infants found in an apartment. Brennan, and her erstwhile lover Ryan, head to Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories as they search for the woman suspected of murdering the infants. Brennan is joined by Oliver Hasty, a man she'd had an affair with when her marriage first dissolved, and of course there is tension between Ryan and Hasty. The investigation gets complicated with the addition of a possible turf war between some drug dealers and prostitution ringleaders, and the addition of several more dead bodies. I'd forgotten how complicated the original Temperance Brennan is, and how much I like this incarnation better than the TV version. The stories are better too.

View all my reviews

No comments: