Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Knitting Content

I just finished a cuddly warm shawl called Squall Line which was featured in the Fall 2015  issue of Interweave.  I started it in November and finished while I was watching Downton Abbey on Sunday night.  I used Malabrigo Merino Worsted (purchased at Webs) in the colorway Polar Morn, and it took almost every bit of five skeins.  Although my husband might disagree  ( a few curse words may have been uttered during the knitting of this), I did enjoy the process.  I learned a few things too.  I'd never knitted an edging perpendicular to the body before, and I figured out a short cut for a short cable cross preceded by a yarn over at the very start of a row.  I made ample use of life lines and stitch markers, and there may have been a section of the body pattern that I knit and frogged multiple times because I kept missing a yarn over or I skipped a row on the chart.  The charts were very small, so I enlarged them, and I did some color coding to help me keep track of where I was on the chart.

All in all I am CONTENT with  my shawl.







No comments: