Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Review: Stars of Fortune

Stars of Fortune Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I don't mind books in which the protagonist(s) are imbued with unusual gifts, or in which the plots revolve around magic, but this one was over the top. Since this is the first book in a trilogy, I assumed there would be three main characters, all with a similar problem, and that each character would find his or her soul mate. In Stars of Fortune, there are 6 characters, 3 women and 3 men, of course, and they are all destined to search for three stars hidden by ancient gods. They need to find the three stars before the evil goddess finds them and destroys the world. Each of these characters are special. There's a seer, a wizard, a mermaid, an immortal, a lycan, and a time traveler. Like all of Nora Roberts' trilogies, at the end of the novel part of the problem is solved, and one couple is united. While the book held my attention, the formulaic plot annoyed me, and I just had a really hard time suspending my disbelief for the course of the novel. I probably won't read the next two.

View all my reviews

No comments: