Friday, January 29, 2016

Review: The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine

The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine by Alexander McCall Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just can't figure out why I enjoy visiting with Mma Ramotswe as much as I do. The plots are very simple, there is no violence, no "action" to speak of, just a calm,gentle, simple story. Mma Ramotswe is manipulated into taking a holiday by her co-director Grace Makutsi and her husband, Mr. J.B.L. Matakoni. She reluctantly agrees, and then has a very difficult time trying to decide what to do. Gossiping at tea with her Gabarone acquaintances doesn't interest her, and it doesn't take very long to clean her cupboards and mend clothing. So instead, she rescues a young boy from unpaid servitude, and agrees to help Mr. Polopetsi on a case that Grace has assigned him. Along the way we visit the orphan home where we enjoy tea and fruit cake along with the conversation between two good friends, and once again, Violet Septhoro is vanquished. As always, Mma Ramotswe's great heart, her kindness, and her wisdom shine through. I love this series!

View all my reviews

No comments: