Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Review: My Brilliant Friend

My Brilliant Friend My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I just could not finish this book. I have way too many more books on my TBR shelf that I do want to read. I didn't connect to the narrator or to Lila, nor did I really see a plot line. Not sure what all the fuss is about. It's disappointing when highly recommended books, or books that many people rave about just don't jive with me. And I have a tough time giving up on a book, but when I am spending my reading time wondering how many more pages till the chapter ends, or worse, stopping a reading session in the middle of a chapter because it's just not holding my attention, AND I've read 2/3 of it, it's time to throw in the towel.

View all my reviews

No comments: