Sunday, August 14, 2016

Review: The Royal Wulff Murders

The Royal Wulff Murders The Royal Wulff Murders by Keith McCafferty
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Sean Stranahan, painter, angler, and erstwhile private investigator, finds himself in the middle of a murder investigation when he meets a singer in a small Montana bar.
She hires him to find a particular fish and eventually, to find her brother. Sean discovers much more than he bargained for, including almost losing his life twice. Despite the fact that I am neither an angler nor even an outdoorsperson, I did appreciate the details about trout fishing and Montana's rivers. I also liked the characters, especially Sheriff Martha Ettinger, Harold Little Feather, and the protagonist. Like C.J. Box, the author is passionate about the environment, and I liked the way the plot revolved around the trout fishery and whirling disease. It was cleverly plotted too. However, I did find the pace of the book somewhat slow, and I had hard time reading more than one chapter at a time instead of chunks at a time, which is why I only gave it two stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: