Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Evening - Random Musings

I'm ending this weekend in a much less stressed frame of mind than this time last Sunday.   I had many fewer "have to's" this weekend.  I still could use another day in between Saturday and Sunday.  Yesterday I did chores - laundry, schoolwork, errands.  I didn't get them all done and just realized that I never got to the bank.   We went to Home Depot to look for carpet for a room we're renovating, but the price wasn't right, so we decided to wait on the carpet.  There's a very worn pine floor that we can cover with a Oriental rug for now, so it's not urgent that we lay down carpet at the moment.    Today I even made some Toll House cookies for my Valentine.  I can't remember the last time I made chocolate chip cookies!  Now the trick will be to limit myself to just one a day as a treat!!

I got to church today which was good in some respects and not so good in others.  I am finding it harder and harder to go the church I've attended for over 30 years.  I am an active member; in fact I'm part of the church leadership team.  Yet I cannot seem to find nourishment during worship.  As I sat in church this morning, trying to open myself up to whatever the Spirit had to offer, I realized how stale and empty the service felt.  I love the people of the congregation - it is a family, which I love dearly, but it doesn't seem to be enough.  I have signed up for a Lenten Bible study which starts tomorrow night to see if that helps.  We've been too long without pastoral leadership, so I keep going, hoping that now that we have a settled pastor, I'll find my way again.  But that quiet voice is starting to shout that perhaps this isn't the place any more. 

My knitting is coming along well -- I've really been enjoying the Winter Olympics.  The short track speed skating last night had me on the edge of my seat, and I really enjoyed the women's moguls competition.  This afternoon I even enjoyed the men's biathlon!  I wish the ice skating wasn't tonight -- I have to go to bed early since there's school tomorrow!  One more week and then a very short break.  The kids have the whole last week of Feb off but we only have 3 days.  We have to go back on Thursday and Friday for professional development days.  This is the first year ever that this has happened.  We've always had the full week.  We are NOT happy campers!



No comments: