Friday, April 2, 2010

Waiting

We're still waiting for the formal notifications of changes in teaching assignments for next year.  It's getting really old fast.  As one of the folks who is going to be reassigned, it's been a tense couple of months.  Those of us who are affected have been told not to discuss it with anyone.  And yet EVERYONE knows something.  I can't tell you how many teachers have found their way into my room to ask me what I know.  The really sad part of all of this is that I have VERY mixed feelings about the pending reassignment.  I do not want to leave my grade level but I also do not want to continue teaching science.  I'm discouraged because I have seniority over others at my grade level who are teaching the subjects I'm qualified to teach and that I taught successfully for almost 15 years.  But I don't have the political connections that others have, and I've never figured out how to whine successfully.   We were promised that the announcements would be made last Monday, and then the date was Wednesday.  It's Friday, and no announcements yet.

1 comment:

Panhandle Jane said...

Deb, I'm thinking about you. Hang in there.