Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Home Today For A Bit, Anyway.

I have a doctor's appointment today that I had to make right smack in the middle of the day.  That's hard when you're a teacher, at least in my district.  I had to take the whole day off..  You can get a sub for half a day, but that's either from 7:30-11:15or from 11:15-2:12.  When your appointment (and travel time to get to the appointment) overlaps that split, you end up having to take the whole day, unless your planning period is in the right spot.    I am not minding too much.  I've had a chance to get some things accomplished that have been on the back burner for a bit.

I'm blocking my latest project - the Mystery KAL from Laura Nelkin.    Here are some pictures of what turned out to be a beautiful lacy beaded scarf.






I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I used a bit less than one skein of Ella Rae Lace Merino in Grass. You can see the particulars over at  my Ravelry project page.

I'm also swatching for a new project, catching up on some correspondence, and I even ironed!!  I will be leaving shortly for my appointment, and then who knows what will transpire after that.  

No comments: