Monday, May 16, 2011

Is it Thursday?

One of Our Thursdays Is Missing (Thursday Next, #6)One of Our Thursdays Is Missing by Jasper Fforde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoy Jasper Fforde, and this book was no exception. My only difficulty with it was that I evidently missed book #5, so I it took me a bit to get up to speed.   This book is set primarily in BookWorld where a Genre War is brewing.  Thursday Next, the writtenversion is the heroine of the hour when she is asked by Jurisfiction to investigate a book disintegration, and to determine where the RealWorld Thursday Next has gone.  Along the way she acquires Sprockett, a robot-butler, and runs afoul of the Men in Plaid.  She's given the opportunity to travel to RealWorld where she meets the man of her dreams, Thursday's husband Landen, but just as her fondest wish is about to granted . . . Let's just say her visit with Landen leaves her confused.  Is she the fictional Thursday?  Or is she the real Thursday who only thinks she's fictional?  Or is she the fictional Thursday set up to think she's the real Thursday thinking she's the fictional Thursday?

Jasper Fforde has an incredible imagination and wit.  His love of literature and words is apparent, and a reader must pay attention else a juicy line will be missed!  I will have to back and re-read the first 4 books, and find book #5.  These are definitely a treat not to be missed.



View all my reviews

No comments: