Sunday, December 13, 2015

Really Good Crockpot Chicken

I put this together in my crockpot and my husband and I decided it was a keeper.  It was one of those recipes that started with an idea cadged from several other recipes, but because of our personal tastes and what I had on hand, morphed into something else.  I thought I'd taken a picture of it, but apparently I didn't.


Spicy Apple Brandy Crockpot Chicken


1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 tbs honey
2 tbs cider vinegar
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces.  (I had a package of 5 thighs, and had plenty of sauce.
3 tbs cornstarch
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts

In a crockpot, mix together the first 11 ingredients.  Add the chicken and cook on low about 6 hours.  

About 20 minutes before serving, mix 3 tbs into 3 tbs of water, then add about 1/2 cup of the crockpot liquid to it and mix together well.  Pour it all back into the crockpot and continue cooking until sauce has thickened.  Just before serving, add about 1/2 cup of dry roasted peanuts to the crockpot.

Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments: