Sunday, March 6, 2016

Review: The Company She Kept

The Company She Kept The Company She Kept by Archer Mayor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've been reading this series since the time Archer Mayor was a local regional author, and am still enjoying the series. I like the way the characters have grown and changed over the years, and how some relationships have grown and deepened while others have imploded. It makes them very realistic. I also really appreciate recognizing landmarks and setting features since I live close enough to eastern VT to be familiar with the locale.

This installment finds Joe Gunther and his team investigating the bizarre murder of Susan Raffner, a VT state legislator who is a very close friend of the VT governor, Gail Zigman. Is it a hate crime or a drug-related crime , or even something more sinister?

I found the pacing of the book to be on the slow side for almost the entire book. However, the ending was almost too fast, and I thought the ending was a bit abrupt. It didn't go quite far enough either, leaving me with a lot of questions as to the repercussions.

View all my reviews

No comments: