Monday, March 7, 2016

Review: Open and Shut

Open and Shut Open and Shut by David Rosenfelt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I finally finished listening to this book! I really found it hard to find uninterrupted listening time, but when we went on vacation in February, I made it a point to restart it. I really liked it, and the narration was excellent.

Attorney Andy Carpenter agrees to represent Willy Martin, convicted of murdering a young woman, when his case is reopened. As Andy and his team build their defense, Andy discovers a secret his father had kept for almost 40 years. This secret, represented by a photo of some very powerful men as college students, threatens Andy; he is harassed and attacked legally and physically. Andy eventually untangles a tightly woven knot of lies which directly impacts his court case.
All in all, this was an engrossing listen.

View all my reviews

No comments: